Registeel is a pure steel type legendary Pokèmon introduced in Generation 3, it is part of the legendary Regi-trio. Registeel’s body is hollow and made of a material that is harder than any known metal. However, this material stretches and shrinks despite its hardness. Because of this, it is unknown what Registeel can eat. Registeel’s body was tempered by pressure underground over thousands of years, as a result, it cannot be scratched. It was sealed away in ruins by people during ancient times.
Registeel, along with it’s shiny form, will be available in 5 star raids from February 9th at 10am local time to February 16th at 10 am local time.
- Registeel caught during this time will learn the exclusive charged move, Zap Cannon! (You want to have this!)
- Since Registeel is a pure steel type, it will be boosted by snowy weather.
- Registeel’s 100% IV is 1398 (Non-Boosted) and 1748 (Boosted).
- Registeel will be featured in a raid hour on February 9th, 6pm-7pm local time.
Registeel is a pure steel type, so it is weak to Fire, Ground and Fighting. All counters should have one of these types of moves! Let’s go through some of them below:
With Reshiram being in raids recently, this is a fairly accessible Pokemon, with access to Fire fang and Overheat, it is the best non-mega and non-shadow counter to Registeel.
Having access to Counter and Dynamic Punch, it is a great counter to Registeel, It can charge quickly, and output a lot of damage.
This flying/fire type legendary Pokèmon resits all of registeels moves and with access to Fire Spin and Overheat, it is an amazing counter to Registeel.
The shadow variants of Entei with Fire Fang and Overheat, Moltres with Fire Spin and Overheat, Machamp with counter and cross chop and Charizard with Fire Spin and Blast Burn (Legacy), all serve as amazing counters to Registeel.
The best Mega Pokemon to use against Regice, is Mega Charizard Y and Mega Charizard X, both having access to Fire Spin and Blast Burn (Legacy) make them the best counters to use. Mega Houndoom with Fire Fang and Flamethrower is also a great counter to Registeel.
If you don’t have any of the counters listed, don’t worry! There are plenty of budget counters you can use to beat Registeel!
- Emboar with Ember and Blast Burn (Legacy).
- Heatran with Fire Spin and Flamethrower.
- Garchomp with Mud Shot and Earth Power (Legacy)
- Blaziken with Counter and Blast Burn (Legacy)
- Excadrill with Mud Slap and Drill Run.
- Flareon with Fire Spin and Overheat.
Any other Pokèmon with Fire, Fighting and Ground also serve as effective counters.
Looking for a place to join and host Pokemon GO remote raids?