As the Season of Alola kicks off on Pokemon GO, we can expect a lot of new Pokemon making their debut in-game. This begins with a new Tier-5 Legendary, Tapu Koko.
A guardian deity of the Alola region, the Legendary Pokémon Tapu Koko will be making its Pokémon GO debut in five-star raids starting at 10am Local Time in New Zealand. This means, raids will be available on our Discord starting on February 28th, in the USA.
Tapu Koko will be around for plenty of time, staying in raids until March 15th, and being featured in two raid hour events.
Tapu Koko will not have a shiny variation available in raids.
- 100%: 1810 / 2263 (Weather-Boosted)
- Weather Boost: Rain / Cloudy
Tapu Koku has a unique combination, as it is a Fairy and Electric Type Pokemon. As a result, its weaknesses are Ground-type and Poison-type moves. These two types deal 1.6 times the regular damage.
The top counters for Tapu Koko may be difficult for newer players, or those that have not played for a while, as the majority of top counters have not appeared in raids recently.
Normal counters for Tapu Koko are best with ground moves, and include:
- Garchomp with Mud Shot and Earth Power.
- Therian Forme Landorus, using Mud Shot and Eathquake.
- Groudon using Mud Shot and Earthquake
- Rhyperior using Mud Slap and Earthquake
- Incarnate Forme Landorus using Mud Shot and Earth Power
- Excadrill using Mud Slap and Drill Run
Mega Counters for Tapu Koko mainly focus on poison attacks. You can catch Mega Venusaur in Raids from March 1 to March 15 to help assist in this Tier 5 raid.
- Mega Gengar, using Lick and Sludge Bomb
- Mega Beedrill using Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb
- Mega Venusaur using Vine Whip and Sludge Bomb
Shadow Pokemon boast a 20% attack boost.
- Shadow Mamoswine using Mud Slap and Bulldoze
- Shadow Mewtwo using Confusion and Psystrike
- Shadow Victreebel using Acid and Sludge Bomb
Utilize these Pokemon if you do not have any of the above readily available. Note that these should be a ‘use last’ scenario as they will be weaker.
- Roserade using Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb
- Rhydon using Mud Slap and Earthquake
- Mamoswine using Mud Slap and Bulldoze
- Golurk using Mud Slap and Earth Power
- Gengar using Hex and Sludge Bomb
- Donphan using Mud Slap and Earthquake
Looking for a place to join and host Pokemon GO remote raids?
[…] month brings a new debut for raid bosses, Tapu Koko! Tapu Koko is known as the guardian diety of the Alola region. Unfortunately, the shiny variation […]